☁ Food, Glorious (Keto) Food ☁

Thursday, November 6, 2014


An Introduction to Keto

Time to talk about one of my favorite (& luckily for me, absolutely essential) things in life:


Starting September 1st, 2014, I reupholstered my sugar-laden diet in exchange for the Keto/Primal lifestyle. Basically, I eat minimal carbs (no more than 30 grams daily), high FAT,

and moderate protein.  

#inthekitschen
I'm still relatively new to Keto, but as a member of the Primal/Paleo Living community, there are tons of awesome resources online for recipes/tips/studies (check out the #ketogirl subreddit, a blog with darling keto-friendly desserts, & this impeccably designed keto blog)
As a foodie, it's kind of a pain to go out to eat when I'm not exactly sure of the ingredients & nutrition of my dish. But, as someone who used to get frozen custard/yogurt MULTIPLE (I'm talkin' like 4 times) a week due to her "sugar "cravings" (cough, addiction) I am no longer weighed down (literally though, I lost 5 lbs!) & am in control of my food. + I get to be super creative in the kitchen.


Some of my latest "concoctions":


Keto sushi: smoked salmon, avocado, boiled quail egg, cream cheese, and seaweed wrapper

 


Cauliflower Crust Grilled Cheese with brie, bacon, & pumpkin  


Up Next: Avocado Fries!

Ingredients: crushed pork rinds (bowl), 1 egg, salt/pepper/cayenne/sriracha, and avocado 



Mix ingredients & bread 'em. Pop them in oven at 450°F for 15 minutes. 



There you have it: a couple of keto ideas to get you started on the Keto Diet. Looking forward to sharing more :) 
xo ♡SFB

No comments:

Post a Comment