▓ Checked & Balanced ☯

Monday, November 10, 2014

I may prefer October to November (what can I say, I'm a Libra!) but November is lovely for its cosiness & quickly apparent botanical transition from autumn towards wintertime. October may be the height of fall, but it's November when the real decline & decay occur. I love going with themes so I told myself I would read some seasonally appropriate fall-unto-winter literature this month, namely Robert Frost & Henry David Thoreau. I may be in the Midwest, not New England, but I think it's safe to say there is a little New England spirit in every American in the fall (cough, Thanksgiving).

It's supposed to freeze in Saint Louis this week-as excited as I am for the upcoming holiday season and some selective winter attire (which I can't wait to showcase), I strongly dislike the cold. I would be happy as a clam if the 50-degree, pumpkin-carving, leaf-crunching harvest extravaganza was the only season. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and so are my favorite fall clothes:   

 
Zipper details

Outfit:
Blazer, Necessary Objects.
Shirt, Uniqlo.
Skirt, taikonhu at Anthropologie.
Tights, Urban Outfitters.
Boots, Bottega Veneta
.

Perhaps, or perhaps not, you wondered why this post is called "Checked & Balanced"? Like I said, I'm into themes, and it fits into the fact that November is Election Month. I'm not going to talk about politics, but I will say this:  
 Always vote! 
If there's one thing that will hurt you, me, & society, it's apathy.
As a resident of STL, I live pretty close to Ferguson, the hotbed of discontent & injustice of America today. We're all waiting this week on the Supreme Court ruling of the Mike Brown case, but let's all pray that justice is served.  

 xo  SFB 

No comments:

Post a Comment