▓ Checked & Balanced ☯

Monday, November 10, 2014

I may prefer October to November (what can I say, I'm a Libra!) but November is lovely for its cosiness & quickly apparent botanical transition from autumn towards wintertime. October may be the height of fall, but it's November when the real decline & decay occur. I love going with themes so I told myself I would read some seasonally appropriate fall-unto-winter literature this month, namely Robert Frost & Henry David Thoreau. I may be in the Midwest, not New England, but I think it's safe to say there is a little New England spirit in every American in the fall (cough, Thanksgiving).

It's supposed to freeze in Saint Louis this week-as excited as I am for the upcoming holiday season and some selective winter attire (which I can't wait to showcase), I strongly dislike the cold. I would be happy as a clam if the 50-degree, pumpkin-carving, leaf-crunching harvest extravaganza was the only season. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, and so are my favorite fall clothes:   

 
Zipper details

Outfit:
Blazer, Necessary Objects.
Shirt, Uniqlo.
Skirt, taikonhu at Anthropologie.
Tights, Urban Outfitters.
Boots, Bottega Veneta
.

Perhaps, or perhaps not, you wondered why this post is called "Checked & Balanced"? Like I said, I'm into themes, and it fits into the fact that November is Election Month. I'm not going to talk about politics, but I will say this:  
☑ Always vote! ☑
If there's one thing that will hurt you, me, & society, it's apathy.
As a resident of STL, I live pretty close to Ferguson, the hotbed of discontent & injustice of America today. We're all waiting this week on the Supreme Court ruling of the Mike Brown case, but let's all pray that justice is served.  

 xo ♡ SFB 

No comments:

Post a Comment